Society for Promotion of Science & Technology in India (SPSTI), a not-for-profit registered society engaged in popularization of science amongst
students and youth, shall organize a seminar in Mathematics for students and Research Scholars of Haryana and Chandigarh in association with the Chandigarh Chapters of National
Academy of Sciences, India (NASI) and Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS).
The event is being organized as a part of the celebration of National Mathematics Day 2020 and International Day of Mathematics 2021 and is supported by the Haryana State Council for Science, Innovation & Technology. Please note that only students and Research Scholars of Colleges and Universities of Haryana and Tricity Chandigarh are eligible to participate.
The participants are required to upload the video recording of their talks/ declamation as per instructions given below. Speakers of the selected presentations will be invited to deliver live talks on the day of the seminar.
The competition is open to two categories for which the topics are as follows.
1. Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
A. Mathematics: The Queen of all Sciences.
B. Mathematics in Real Life.
2. Research Scholars and Post-doctoral fellows
A. Beauty of Abstract Mathematics.
B. Role of Mathematics in the Digital Era.
- The Declamation contest is open for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students of all Colleges and Universities of Haryana and Tricity Chandigarh, and their research scholars and post-doctoral fellows, and those belonging to Research Institutions in these areas.
- The Duration of the Declamation is 2-4 minutes for category 1 mentioned above and 3-5 minutes for category 2.
- Each participant is required to prepare one video presentation in mp4 format and submit it along with online registration using the link given below latest by 07.03.2021.
- Top 3 entries will be shortlisted (First, Second and Third) by Judges, a competent team of Mathematicians. The shortlisted participants will be invited on 14.03.2021 to speak during the seminar on the International Day of Mathematics on Zoom platform and Facebook.
- Certificate of participation shall be given to all participants.
- Prizes for category 1 and 2 respectively: First, Rs. 2100 and Rs. 2600, Second Rs. 1500 and Rs. 2000 and Third Rs. 1100 and Rs. 1600, along with Certificates of Merit.
Program for the seminar on March 14th, 2021
- A Talk by an Eminent Mathematician
- Speech (8 – 10 minutes each) of the Best 3 entrants from Research Scholars/ PDFs.
- Speech (6 – 8 minutes each) of the Best 3 entrants from UG /PG students.
The link for submitting the entries along with mp4 video is given below: