SPSTI shall organize a Mathematics Quiz for Students of all Colleges of Haryana in association with the Chandigarh Chapter of National Academy of Sciences, India. The event is being organized as a part of the celebration of National Mathematics Day 2020 and International Day of Mathematics 2021 and is supported by the Haryana State Council for Science, Innovation & Technology. Please note that only bonafide students of Colleges of Haryana are eligible to participate.
The preliminary round (a written quiz) shall be held online on 28.01.2021 at 11.30 A.M. on Google sheet. The final round will be organized on 01.02.2021 at 11.30 A.M. online. The links shall be shared with colleges of participating teams a day before the Quiz. Accordingly, we request you to depute teams of your college to participate in the Mathematics Quiz. The rules of the Quiz are as follows: –
- The quiz is open for undergraduate students, e.g., BA/ B.Sc.
- A team shall consist of two bonafide students of your College.
- A maximum of two teams from each College can participate.
- Preliminary round will be an online written quiz of 30 minutes’ duration on 28.01.2021. One question paper is to be attempted jointly by both members of a team.
- Based on the marks obtained in preliminary round, eight teams shall participate in the final round on 01.02.2021. There shall be two stand-by teams.
- If a shortlisted team is unable to attend the stage quiz as per schedule, the team in the next position out of the stand-byes will be given chance.
- Colleges are requested to ensure the facility of computers and proper internet connectivity for their participants.
- The finals would be conducted for eight teams with several rounds, e.g.
- Multiple Choice Question Round,
- Visual Round,
- Rapid fire round,
- Mathematics General Knowledge and interest round
The above format is given as example and is subject to change without notice