The Society shall organize a Science Quiz for Students of 9th to 12th Classes of all Senior Secondary Schools of Haryana.
The event is being organized in association with the Chandigarh chapter of NASI (National Academy of Sciences, India) as a part of the celebration of National Science Day 2021 and is supported by the Haryana State Council for Science Innovation & Technology.
Please note that only bonafide students of schools of Haryana are eligible to participate. The quiz shall include topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Environmental Science etc.
The preliminary round shall be held online on March 24 at 11.30 A.M. on Google Forms and the Final Round (Online on Zoom) will be organized on March 25 at 11.30 A.M.
The links shall be shared with schools of participating teams a day before the Quiz.
Accordingly, we request you to depute teams of your schools to participate in the Science Quiz. The rules of the Quiz are as follows: –
1. The quiz is open for Students of Classes 9 to 12 of all Senior Secondary Schools of Haryana.
2. The team from your School shall consist of three bonafide students.
3. Preliminary round will be an online Google quiz of 30 minutes’ duration — one question paper to be attempted by all 3 members of a team jointly.
4. Based on the marks obtained in preliminary round, eight teams shall participate in the final round on March 25, 2021. There shall be two stand-by teams.
5. If a shortlisted team is unable to attend the stage quiz as per schedule, the team in the next position out of the stand-byes will be given chance.
6. Schools are to ensure the facility of computers and proper internet connectivity for their participants.
7. Final round will be conducted for eight teams with several rounds, e.g.
• Multiple Choice Question Round,
• Visual Round,
• Rapid fire round,
• Science General Knowledge and interest round
• Brain Teaser round
The above format is given as example and is subject to change without notice.