Supported by National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
The Society for Promotion of Science & Technology in India (SPSTI) is a non-profit organization working for popularization of science among masses. One of its projects Mobile Science Laboratory – Circus of Science is supported by National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
International Day of Biodiversity
The International Day of Biological Diversity is observed every year on May 22. The theme for the year 2021 is “We are part of the Solution #ForNature”.
World Environment Day
World Environment Day is celebrated every year on June 05. The theme for the year 2021 is “Ecosystem Restoration”. SPSTI call students of all schools, colleges/institutions and Universities to contribute to the themes of Biodiversity Day and Environment Day.
Awareness can bring the Change, keeping this in view; SPSTI has announced online activities for the students. The Categories of Participation are:
Category 1: Students of Classes 5th to 8th
Category 2: Students of Classes98th to 12th
Category 3: Undergraduate, Post-Graduate and Research Scholars
- The Poster should be directly related with the themes and should not be just a Painting.
- The Poster should be prepared on A4 Sheet and be properly scanned in PDF or JPEG formats.
- Participant must write his/her “Name” and “SPSTI #ForNature” on the Poster
1. How you are part of the Solution for nature?
2. Innovative Ideas to Ecosystem Restoration
- Students have to write on either (i) or (ii) and not both.
- The language can be English or Hindi Only.
- Students have to type in MS Word and upload their ideas in PDF format.
- Images can be used to support your ideas.
- Include “SPSTI#ForNature” in your 500 Words.
- Students have to plant a tree of their choice.
- They must capture a selfie with the plant and upload. Use a sign Board “YOURNAME & SPSTI #ForNature”. For e.g. “AMAN & SPSTI #ForNature”.
- Describe in maximum 500 words about this activity. You can type in MS Word and upload with your selfie.
- The Language can be Hindi or English only
DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: May 15, 2021
LAST DATE TO APPLY
The Last Date to submit the entries is May 30, 2021 (05:00 PM) after which the link to submit the entries would be disabled.
CASH PRIZES & E-CERTIFICATES
All the participants shall be awarded e-Certificates of participation. Cash Prizes will be awarded to the winners of all activities in each category.
The result of these activities will be declared on this page on June 10, 2021.