Founded in the year 2009 by thirty-seven leading scientists, academicians and administrators, Society for Promotion of Science & Technology has taken many flagship initiatives to take science to the people.
Lectures, workshops, quiz competitions, seminars, panel discussions, celebrating earth day, science day, mathematics day, biodiversity day are regular activities.
The notorious Coronavirus knocked India in the month of February 2020. The SPSTI was the first to hold a session to aware people about COVID-19 & its effects on March 04, 2020 by engaging doctors from PGIMER, Chandigarh followed by many such activities.
In the year 2020, SPSTI has expanded its wings to pan India by conducting a number of online activities.
Ten reasons why 2020 was another great year for SPSTI
- In an online poster-making and essay writing competition on “COVID-19 Pandemic – Problems & Solutions”, more than 2500 students from seventeen states of India participated with great enthusiasm.
- On World Environment Day 2020, 500 students participated in “Plant-a-Tree Campaign” contributing to the theme 2020 – Celebrate Biodiversity.
- The world witnessed the rare celestial event on June 21, 2020 – The Annular Solar Eclipse. SPSTI covered live telecast of the event from the line of maximum eclipse. Eminent scientists & professors explained scientific facts about the eclipses to thousands of audience.
- SPSTI’s flagship activity Mobile Science Laboratory – Circus of Science visited 43 villages in districts Kurukshetra and Nuh (Mewat) to create awareness about the COVID-19, motivating people to use masks and social distancing etc. Moreover, the laboratory initiated its new phase in district Yamunanagar of Haryana for the next two years.
- The lecture series on Nobel Prizes 2020 organized and seven webinars conducted on the contributions – the Nobel Laureates have made towards the world.
- The Science Playground, in virtual mode, was launched. The unique idea is to involve students to interact with eminent scientists from their laboratories through online platforms.
- The Panel Discussion on National Education Policy 2020 invited the policy makers and all the stake holders on one platform.
- Celebrated National Mathematics Day 2020 by launching a series of activities in December 22, 2020.
- Collaborated with Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar to initiate the activities in Punjab region.
- First e-Newsletter of the SPSTI is launched. Subscribe to our mailing list.
SPSTI wishes all its members, resource persons, beneficiaries and supporters a very Happy New Year.