The Society for Promotion of Science and Technology in India (SPSTI), in association with the Chandigarh chapters of NASI, INSA, and INYAS had commenced commemorating 75 years of Indian independence on Teacher’s Day, September 5, 2021, by initiating a Lecture series titled “Institution Building and Nurture initiatives in independent India”. The last nineteenth lecture was delivered by the President-elect, INSA, Prof. Ashutosh Sharma on August 13, 2022. He had titled his lecture as ‘[email protected]: History of the Future’. Taking a cue from it, a new sequel series titled as “Visions of Institutions in North West India in run-up to [email protected] in 2047”has been proposed to commence from Teacher’s day, 2022.
The PGIMER is a premier national institution established in Chandigarh in 1962 and its present Director Prof. (Dr.) Vivek Lal, an internationally renowned Neurologist, has kindly consented to deliver the first Lecture of the new series (Online) on September 5, at 11 AM.
We are happy to announce that ten distinguished academicians heading the institutions in the Chandigarh region have consented to speak in the new series. The list of speakers includes:
- Prof. (Dr.) Vivek Lal, Director, PGIMER Chandigarh (05.09.2022)
- Prof. J Gowrishankar, Director, IISER-Mohali (12.11.2022)
- Prof. Baldev Setia, Director, PEC (Proposed Date: 25.11.2022)
- Prof. Rudra Pratap, VC, Plaksha University, Mohali (Proposed Date: 22.12.2022)
- Prof. Dulal Panda, Director, NIPER, Mohali (Proposed Date: 21.01.2023)
- Prof. S Ramakrishna, Director, CSIR-CSIO (Proposed Date: 21.02.2023)
- Dr. Sanjeev Khosla, Director CSIR-IMTECH (Proposed Date: March 2023)
- Prof. Amitabha Patra, Director, INST Mohali (Proposed Date: April 2023)
- Prof. Rajeev Ahuja, Director, IIT Ropar (Proposed Date: 11.05.2023)
- Dr. Ashwani Pareek, Executive Director, NABI (Proposed Date: June, 2023)
- Prof. R K Kohli, VC, Amity University, Mohali and President, Chandigarh Chapter, NASI (Proposed Date: July 2023)