The Society for Promotion of Science and Technology in India (SPSTI), in association with the Chandigarh chapters of NASI, INSA, and INYAS had commenced commemorating 75 years of Indian independence on Teacher’s Day, September 5, 2021, by initiating a Lecture series titled “Institution Building and Nurture initiatives in independent India”. The last nineteenth lecture was delivered by the President-elect, INSA, Prof. Ashutosh Sharma on August 13, 2022. He had titled his lecture as ‘India@100: History of the Future’. Taking a cue from it, a new sequel series titled as “Visions of Institutions in North West India in run-up to India@100 in 2047”has been proposed to commence from Teacher’s day, 2022.
The PGIMER is a premier national institution established in Chandigarh in 1962 and its present Director Prof. (Dr.) Vivek Lal, an internationally renowned Neurologist, has kindly consented to deliver the first Lecture of the new series (Online) on September 5, at 11 AM.
We are happy to announce that ten distinguished academicians heading the institutions in the Chandigarh region have consented to speak in the new series. The list of speakers includes:
- Prof. (Dr.) Vivek Lal, Director, PGIMER Chandigarh (05.09.2022)
- Prof. J Gowrishankar, Director, IISER-Mohali (08.11.2022)
- Prof. Rudra Pratap, VC, Plaksha University, Mohali (24.12.2022)
- Prof. Dulal Panda, Director, NIPER, Mohali (11.02.2023)
- Dr. Sanjeev Khosla, Director CSIR-IMTECH (18.03.2023)
- Prof. Amitabha Patra, Director, INST Mohali (29.04.2023)
- Prof. Rajeev Ahuja, Director, IIT Ropar (05.05.2023)
- Prof. R K Kohli, VC, Amity University Punjab , Mohali (01.07.2023)
OTHER PROPOSED LECTURES
- Prof. Baldev Setia, Director, PEC
- Prof. S Ramakrishna, Director, CSIR-CSIO
- Dr. Ashwani Pareek, Executive Director, NABI (Proposed Date: June, 2023)