Science Outreach Activities in District Yamunanagar
The Mobile Science Laboratory – Circus of Science, Vigyan Ka Jantar Mantar run by Society for Promotion of Science & Technology in India (SPSTI) with support from National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India shall operate in districts Yamunanagar & Nuh (Mewat) for two years w.e.f. December 01, 2020.
The Yamunanagar is a district in Haryana located at the north-east border of Haryana and touches the borders of Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
During these two years, the laboratory is planned to visit:
- All Government Senior Secondary Schools in district Yamunanagar at least once.
- All Government High Schools in district Yamunanagar at least once
- Some of the Government Middle Schools
- Shall conduct Community Awareness Programs in villages
- Sky-Watch Programs
- Experiment based Workshops in Schools and Colleges
- Invited Talks and Lectures by Eminent Academicians
- Quiz Competitions on science and mathematics
- Poster Competitions on scientific interest